Description of this database:
Hedges SB. 2013. Caribmap: a mobile-friendly web resource for Caribbean maps that facilitates quantitative historical analysis. Journal of Map and Geography Libraries 9:350-360. This is the Author's Accepted Manuscript; the published version is available online at the journal website.
Catalogs of island maps:
- Anonymous (1964). "Some early printed maps of Trinidad and Tobago." Map Collectors' Circle 1(10).
- Bodington, J. (2005). "The mapping of Martinique and Guadeloupe to 1800." Mapforum 46: 1-5.
- Burden, P. D. (1996). The Mapping of North America. Rickmansworth, England, Raleigh Publications. Comments:
- Campbell, T. (1965). "The printed maps of Barbados from the earliest times to 1873." The Map Collectors' Circle 3(21): 1-24. Comments: Map Collectors' Series No. 21. A comprehensive catalog of 64 maps, with many illustrated.
- Cueto, E. (1999). Cuba in old maps. Miami, The Historical Museum of Southern Florida. Comments: A comprehensive catalog with many illustrations.
- Demorizi, E. R. (1979). Mapas y planos de Santo Domingo. Santo Domingo, Dominican Republic, Editoria Taller. Comments: Fundación Rodríguez Demorizi Volume 13. The pages are numbered to 371 but one half (versos) are blank. "Santo Domingo" here refers to the island of Hispaniola. Some old maps are illustrated, although most of the book is of city plans.
- González, J. (1973). Catálogo de mapas y planos de Santo Domingo. Madrid, Dirección General de Archivos y bibliotecas. Comments: This reference is a listing of city plans and not maps of the country or island. No illustrations.
- Kapp, K. S. (1968). "The printed maps of Jamaica up to 1825." The Map Collectors' Circle 5(42): 1-36. Comments: Map Collectors' Series No. 42. A comprehensive catalog of 153 maps with 33 illustrated.
- Ling, H. R. (1887). Bibliography and cartography of Hispaniola. London, J. Murray. Comments: No illustrations. Gives a list of maps, charts, and plans on pp 88-93. This was a separate issue but numbered (43-97) as indicating from a larger work.
- Tooley, R. V. (1966). "French mapping of the Americas: The De l'Isle, Buache, Dezauche Succession (1700-1830)." The Map Collectors' Circle 4(33). Comments: The Map Collectors' Series No. 33.
- Tooley, R. V. (1969). "The printed maps of Antigua." The Map Collectors' Circle 6(55): 12. Comments: Map Collectors' Series No. 55. A comprehensive catalog of 102 maps, with 16 illustrated.
- Tooley, R. V. (1970). "The printed maps of Dominica and Grenada." The Map Collectors' Circle 7(62): 15. Comments: Map Collectors' Series No. 62. A comprehensive catalog of 64 maps with many illustrated.
- Tooley, R. V. (1972). "Printed maps of St. Kitts, St. Lucia, and St. Vincent." The Map Collectors' Circle 9(81): 10. Comments: Map Collectors' Series No. 81. A comprehensive catalog of 74 maps with many illustrated.
- Buisseret, D. (1996). Historic Jamaica from the Air and Rural Images: Estate Maps in the Old and New Worlds (Chicago).
- Granberry, J. (1991). Lucayan toponyms. Journal of Bahamas Historical Society 13: 3-12.
- Higman, B. W. (1988). Jamaica Surveyed: Plantation Maps and Plans of the Eighteenth and Nineteenth Centuries/. Kingston: Institute of Jamaica Publications.
- Hopkins, D. (1992). An 18th-Century Cadastral Audit in the Danish West Indies. Cartography and Geographic Information Systems 19(2): 69-79.
- Hopkins, D. (1992). An Early Map and the Cadastral Survey of St. Croix, Danish West Indies, 1734-41: A Cartographic Cul-de-Sac. Cartographica 29(3-4):1-19.
- Hopkins, D. (1992). The Eighteenth-Century Invention of a Measure in the Caribbean: The Danish Acre of St. Croix. Journal of Historical Geography 18(2): 158-73.
- Hopkins, D. (1989). An Extraordinary Eighteenth-Century Map of the Danish Sugar-Plantation Island St. Croix. Imago Mundi 41: 44-58.